Saturday, September 24, 2011

Failure, repent, success, wash rinse repeat.

Today was a weird day. All day long, I felt like I was failing, then stopping to repent, then doing well. I was cranky with the kids, with Kim as he was packing for a trip (horrible, right?), but then I was just getting right back into things and doing great again. Then I would lose my temper again.

Wash.
Rinse.
Repeat.

Lamentations 3:22-23
Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.


Julia and I were doing a worksheet together this evening, and she asked me (randomly I might add) why we do not do any burnt offerings or sacrifices.

"Because Jesus lived the perfect life for us. He obeyed all the commands in Leviticus, he paid it all with his perfect human sacrifice."

Thank you Jesus. Especially on days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment